Why this page?
This page was written to introduce new visitors to the blog, and to highlight blog features in case readers may not know they exist! (Or may have lost track of them in all the appearance changes this blog undergoes!)
Why this blog?
The main reason I blog is to keep connected with family and friends. Most of the content on these pages is daily-life updates and photos of my kids. I also blog to help me reflect or to stretch my writing muscles, so I include “Random Quote” posts and other personal reflection. Finally, I blog as a way to share content I think people would enjoy–recipes, links to websites, craft ideas, etc.
- Get new posts sent to you by e-mail–you can choose to get the full post, or just the first few sentences. The link to subscribe is under the Get New Posts by E-Mail link on the sidebar. If you want to change your subscription or unsubscribe, you can click on the “profile” link that should show up in that sidebar box.
- Leave a comment on any post you like–I love to know someone out there is reading! To get to the comment box, click on the “Leave a Comment” link at the end of each post.
- If there are comments on a post, there will be a link at the end of the post with “1 Comment” or “300 Comments” (OK, not very likely). Click on the link to read the comment or to add your own.
- At the end of each post there are categories and keywords that apply to the post. Click on any of these to see other related posts on the same subject.
- Search the posts by keyword using the “Search for…” box in the sidebar.
- Recipes are posted using the Recipe tab at the top of the page. I try not to post recipes typed straight from a cookbook, since I’m not sure about the copyright on that, but I’ll put anything else up that people ask for!
- Clicking on the About Me tab takes you to a page about me (genius, I know!) If you let your mouse float about the About Me tab for a minute, other pages appear as subheadings of the About Me page.
- The Gift Lists tab is for birthday and Christmas shoppers who wonder what on earth Than (or any of us!) might like! They connect to our Amazon wishlists.
- The tagline under the blog title changes randomly–all things I listed in my gratitude list during my previous 101 in 1001
- From Goodreads–books I’ve finished lately. Click on the covers to link to the reviews I’ve written about each one. Click on the title of a book to read my full review.
- From Pinterest–recipes I have actually made, and projects I have actually done. Click on my name to see all my Pinterest boards.
- Quotable–favorites thoughts from my 1000+ record personal database
- Get new posts via e-mail–you can choose to get the full post, or just the first few sentences. If you want to change your subscription or unsubscribe, you can click on the “profile” link that should show up in that sidebar box.
- Search for, Search by Category, and Search by Date–should be pretty self explanatory!